Writing with my Heart and Nose
So just who is Elizabeth Wiegand?
- A storyteller and foodie. Loves to cook and teach.
- Author of THE OUTER BANKS COOKBOOK: Recipes & Traditions from NC’s Barrier Islands, 2nd edition; THE NEW BLUE RIDGE COOKBOOK: Authentic Recipes form North Carolina’s Mountains to Virginia’s Highlands; and the FOOD LOVERS’ GUIDE TO THE OUTER BANKS: The Best Restaurants, Markets & Local Culinary Offerings. My articles have appeared in THE WASHINGTON POST, SOUTHERN LIVING, OUR STATE, EDIBLE PIEDMONT and other regional publications.
- A blogger at carolina foodie, which includes recipes and road trips, eating at dives and on white tablecloths, visiting farmers markets and seafood stalls, and talking to the butcher, the baker and the vinegar maker.
- A farmer’s daughter. One of many GRITS (Girls Raised in the South). Sailor, scuba diver, beachcomber, hiker and fishing companion. Mother of three good cooking daughters and wife of ER doc. Former special ed teacher. Six feet two like Julia Child.
- Member of Southern Foodways Alliance.